Activities and Events
4 Me & My Friends Youth Club
Wednesday's, 5pm-7.15pm at Efford Youth Centre
Access is through a referral process either through a professional body or though self-referral. For further details or to obtain a form please contact either:
- Sue Willcocks, Senior Professional Youth Worker on 01752 307643 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or John Davies, Senior Youth Support Worker on 01752 307695 or email: email@example.com
ADAPT is a weekly dance class held at Plymouth School of Creative Arts for young people age 12-25 with and without disabilities. The class aims to raise aspirations and confidence and offer participants the opportunity to develop skills in contemporary dance and choreography. Sessions are FREE and transport can be offered to and from the group for those that need it.
For more information see the attached flyer or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Argyle Ability Counts
Tuesday's Junior and Adult Football Sessions
- Junior Football (5-15 years) - Tuesday's, 5.30pm-6.30pm and Sunday's 10am-11am at Goals Soccer Centres, Outland Road, Plymouth, PL2 3DE (term time only)
- Adult Football (16+ years) - Wednesday's, 7.30pm-8.30pm at Manadon Sports and Community Hub, St Peters Road, Plymouth, PL5 3DR
Sessions include fun filled football activities, with the choice of playing tournaments every month. Sessions are £4 per week or book a six week block online and receive one session FREE.
For more information call Argyle Community Trust on 01752 562561 ext 4 or email Josh Grant at email@example.com
Autism Friendly Screenings at Vue Cinema
Last Sunday of the Month
What Makes the Screenings Autism Friendly?
- The lights will be on low
- The volume will be turned down
- There will be no trailers at the beginning of the film
- You'll be able to take your own food and drink
- You'll be able to move around the cinema if you like
- Free entry for carers will a valid CEA Card.
See Nick Jr. Air Adventures in Plymouth on Sunday 30 September 2018 from 10.15am.
Tickets will be available to book around 5 days in advance.
Football coaching delivered by Football Association qualified coaches at Riverside Primary School, 210 Poole Park Road, Plymouth, PL5 1DD.
The club is for children aged 5-11 years with special needs and disabilities including autism, aspergers, learning disabilities, physical and sensory impairments, deaf or hearing impaired. Beginners, improvers and more advanced players are all welcome.
If interested please contact Michelle on 07841 020162 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Beckly Centre Programmes
- Autumn Weekend Sessions, 10.30am-3.30pm - These include lots of fun play and social activities including arts, crafts, music, drama, games and sports to name but a few. The sensory space, ball pool and soft play space is also available to use.
- Adult Social Group, Monday's, 7pm-9pm, £5 per session - Drop in session with activities including games and quiz evenings, arts and crafts, cooking, trips and meals out.
- Youth Club for ages 14-25 years, Thursday's, 7pm-9pm, £3 per session - Drop in sessions for young people. Activities are chosen by the young people and range from music to cooking, life skills and crafts, as well as trips out and about in the community.
- Holiday Playscheme Sessions
For further details see the attached newsletter or contact the Beckly Centre on 01752 484433 or via email: email@example.com
British Red Cross Workshops
Free workshops for 10-19 year olds
The British Red Cross are offering free First Aid workshops for established groups in Plymouth. These aim to enable young people to feel more confident, willing and able to help themselves and someone else in a first aid emergency.
There are 18 skills in total e.g. helping someone who is heavily bleeding or having an asthma attack. Workshops can can generally cover 4-5 skills in 1.5 hours.
For more information see the attached flyer or contact Claire McMahon, Youth Education Coordinator on 07753 853222 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A list of disability football clubs in Plymouth with contact details. For more information see the attached flyer below from Devon Football Association.
If you would like to get involved in Disability Football as a player, coach, club or volunteer, please contact Ashley Harris, Disability Development Officer.
Phone: 01626 323560 / 07912 089838
Devonport Park Activity Centre
The Devonport Park Activity Centre offer the following activities:
Rooted Club - Monday's
4pm-6pm (term time) & Saturday's 10am-1pm
£5 per session for first child / £3 each for additional sibling(s)
For young people with additional needs aged 8-16 offering opportunities to get involved in cooking tea together, gardening and other social activities. (Places must be pre-booked)
Little Seeds: Stay and Play - Friday afternoons, 1pm-3pm, £2 per family
A drop in toddler / pre-school group for children of all abilities with their parent / carer. With garden based play activities, be prepared to get messy!
Autism Friendly Games Night - Second Friday of Month, 4pm-7pm
£5 with snacks and drink included
An autism friendly games night for age 10-16 year olds where you can bring along your games to play.
Volunteers - Wednesday's 10am-1pm (term times) & Thursday's 10am-1pm (school holidays)
If you are over 18 you could be a volunteer. Coming from a wide range of backgrounds and abilities, our volunters help with many jobs around the gardens and buildings. Tea, coffee and biscuits provided!
In Other Words: 1st and 3rd Friday of the month, 4pm-6pm
This group supports children and young people aged 8-18 years with their mental health. It provides fun activities and ongoing development opportunities to help build confidence, self-esteem and belief in a non-judgemental, confidential, safe and non-clinical environment.
Children's Minds - Families Matter: 2nd Saturday of the month, 2pm-4pm
This is a parent participation project led by Routeways and supported by Plymouth Parent Carer Voice that provides monthly activities to share their experiences while learning together.
For more information and to pre-book places, please call the Devonport Park Activity Centre on 01752 500496 or contact them via email: email@example.com
The Devonport Park Activity newsletter provides information on future events and volunteering opportunities.
Plymouth Life Centre offer a number of activities throughout the week for those with disabilities including wheelchair rugby, wheelchair dance, disability multi-sports, trampolining, a swimming club and more.
Hello World is an after-school club for 8-13 year olds who are interested in learning new things or want to do coding and / or digital making outside of school.
There is no set agenda or lesson plan - young people can just come along and have access to the libraries public computers and resources where they can learn coding. There will also be opportunities to use MaKey MaKey, play on Raspberry Pi's and also tablets.
- Monday's, 4pm-5pm - Devonport Library
- Tuesday's (fortnightly), 4pm-5pm - Plymstock Library
- Thursday's, 3.30pm-4.30pm - North Prospect Library
- Thursday's, 4pm-5.30pm - Plymouth Central Library
- Friday's, 3.30pm-5pm - St. Budeaux Library
- Saturday's, 9.30am-10.30am - Plymstock Library
See below for next session dates. For more information contact Plymouth Central Library on 01752 305900 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Katy Wedgwood, Inclusion Lead at Woodlands School has put together a Guide to Inclusive Sports in Plymouth to allow young people with additional needs to access clubs that exist across the city.
For further information contact Katy Wedgwood, Inclusion Lead on 01752 300101 or 07867 552875. Alternatively Plymouth City Council's Sports Development Unit can provide further information on Inclusive Sports on 01752 307008 or email: email@example.com
Nature Plymouth: July to September 2018
Free from the Active Neighbourhoods Project
Free family events and wildlife volunteering opportunities for all ages at the following locations in Plymouth:
- Budshead Wood
- Efford Nature Reserve
- Ernesettle Creek
- Kings Tamerton Woods
- Teats Hill
- Volunteer at Central Park
For more information contact Ashley Todd, Community and Volunteer Officer on 01752 305490 or email: Ashley.Tod@plymouth.gov.uk