Consultations & Workshops
The page contains consulations, workshops and information sessions that may be of interest to parents and carers of children with special educational needs and disabilities.
These sessions are being run by Plymouth Parent Carer Voice (PPCV) and can be booked at Eventbrite by clicking on the links:
- Designation of Plymouth Special School Consultation - Monday 8 October 2018
A consultation for anyone who has a child at special school or an interest in the designation of the special schools in Plymouth.
- Dyslexia in Schools Consultation - Wednesday 17 October 2018
A consultation for anyone that has a child with dyslexia. This is the new school guidance.
- Choosing a Secondary School for a Young Person with SEND - Thursday 18 October 2018
An information session with Plymouth Information, Advice and Support (PIAS) for primary school parents/carers (year 5 and 6) who are looking to choose a secondary school for their child with SEND.
- Understanding SEND Support, EHCP, Annual Reviews (Child age 0-16) - Tuesday 13 November 2018
This is an information session for anyone with a child with SEND - it is about what is available and what the process is.
- Developing Your Behaviour Toolbox (Primary) - Monday 19 November 2018
This is a workshop with the Child Development Centre about primary age behaviour and parents making a personal plan to put in at home.
- Developing Your Behaviour Toolbox (Secondary) - Monday 26 November 2018
This is a workshop with the Child Development Centre about secondary age behaviour and parents making a personal plan to put in at home.