Parents Again Support Group
The Parents Again Support Group is an independent group for relatives who are guardians for a child / young person that is not their own. For example the relative could be an aunt, uncle or grandparent.
The group normally meet on the first Wednesday of every month from 11.30am - 1.00pm during
If you would like to join the group to:
- Make new friends
- Discuss issues
- Get information and advice
- Find out more about today’s education system.
Please come along to the next meeting. These are usually held at The Jan Cutting Healthy Living Centre.
The next meeting dates will be held:
- Wednesday 5 June 2019
- Wednesday 3 July 2019
Please note that PASG is run independently from Plymouth Information, Advice and Support for SEND and any queries about the content of this page should be directed to them.
If you would like to contact the group directly please call Gordon Rawlins on 01752 369369. Alternatively, we can pass on your details. Please contact Plymouth Information, Advice and Support for SEND on 01752 258933 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
News & Events
- Grandparents Plus March Newsletter - This newsletter contains information on Grandparents Plus ongoing work with the Kinship Care Parliamentary Taskforce and how you can get involved by volunteering or sharing your story.
- Grandparents Plus February Newsletter - Could your Kinship care support group be eligible to apply for funding? You can find information on how to apply, the Kinship Care Parliamentary Taskforce, how kinship carers can get support and more.
- Grandparents Plus January Newsletter - This edition contains information about ambitions for 2019, Kinship carers working for change, £12m extension to the Adoption Support Fund, Pupil Premium Plus and more.
- Grandparents Plus December Newsletter - This contains information on setting up local support groups, the Kinship Connected Programme and a survey on yours and your children's health and wellbeing and the kind of support you need.
- Grandparents Plus November Newsletter - The includes news about the two child limit on tax credits, a blog to read if you've ever felt alone with the stresses of kinship care and information on contacting Grandparents Plus advice online.
Grandparents Plus October Newsletter - This highlights the lack of support for kinship carers, celebrates the first Kinship Care Week and talks about how Grandparents Plus can support you in talking to your MP about kinship care.
- Grandparents Plus July Newsletter - Children's Minister meets kinship carers and new roles available with Grandparents Plus.
- Grandparents Plus June Newsletter - Looking for volunteers with kinship care experience to form an advisory group and also information on Volunteers Week, Kinship Carers at the Queen's summer party and their 2018 survey.
- Kinship Care State of the Nation Survey 2018 - Grandparents Plus would like your feedback to help give them a better picture of what it's like to be a kinship carer in 2018 and to gather evidence of where more support and understanding is needed of kinship care.
- Grandparents Plus May Newsletter - Includes information on the launch of their "State of the Nation" kinship survey for 2018 to better understand what it's like to be a kinship carer and also research from Sussex University gathering children's views to better inform government policy.
- Raising Kinship Children Masterclass - Grandparents Plus are holding a special kinship care event in Bristol on Thursday 27 April 2017. The event is part funded by the Big Lottery Fund, but are asking for a £20 per person contribution which includes lunch, refreshments and a training pack.
- Parents Again Support Group has been nominated for a Social Care Award 2017 run by
Global Health and Pharma.
- Kinship Care Matters: Young People's Stories - the film shows the resilience of young people and is a thank you to all kinship carers who take on the caring role in difficult family circumstances.
- Grandparents Plus October e-news - monthly email newsletter from Grandparents Plus.
- Kinship First Issue 33 Summer 2016 (PDF - 684 KB) - Grandparents Plus newsletter.
- Haven Holidays: Grandparents Plus have teamed up with Haven Holidays to save 10% off their holiday breaks.
- 10 Ways to Make a Difference for your Autistic Grandchild: Article from Autism Awareness Centre.
- Kinship First Issue 32 Spring 2016 (PDF - 743 KB) - Grandparents Plus newsletter containing families' own stories as well as the lastest news, information and advice.
- Advice Service at Grandparents Plus - Jo and Nicola answer your questions.
- Advice for Grandparents - Some tips for grandparents from Contact, an organisation for families with disabled children. There is also a free 16 page guide providing information on having a disabled child in the family. See: Grandparents
- What are Grandparents Rights?
- Grandparents Plus - For both grandparents and also kinship carers thinking about or bringing up a relatives child.
- Family Lives: Grandparents
- Grandparent Guide to Bullying and Digital Safety - A guide written for grandparents providing useful advice enabling them to support a young person through bullying.
- ChildLine - Private and confidential service for children and young people up to the age of 19.
- Young Minds - Young Minds is a charity committed to improving the emotional wellbeing and mental health of children and young people.
- Get Self Help - This website offers Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) self-help information and resources including free therapy worksheets which can be downloaded.
- Autism Alert Card - A new card has been launched to help police and other emergency services identify people on the autistic spectrum. More information is available from the Devon and Cornwall Police page: Helping People with Autism. Cards can be applied for at the Dimensions for Living website: Apply for Autism Alert Card.