Service User's Advisory Group
The Department for Education (DfE) have produced a set of minimum standards for SEND Information, Advice and Support Services should adhere to. It requires us to have an advisory body which included representatives from service user groups and key stakeholders from education, social care and health.
Terms of reference for the Service User's Advisory Group:
- Monitor, review and evaluate the effectiveness and impact of Plymouth Information, Advice & Support in relation to the Department for Education (DfE) Minimum Standards.
- Discuss and prioritise PIAS initiatives to be developed.
- Check carefully and with rigour that PIAS provides neutral and impartial information and advice to parents and when doing so differentiates Local Authority policies from existing legislation, available government guidance or independent advisory organisation guidance.
- Ensures PIAS is accessible to all sections of the community in Plymouth.
- Take an active role in promoting the work of PIAS.