Access the Plymouth Local Offer.
What is the Local Offer?
The Local Offer is the one place that information about provision and services that are available for children and young people who have Special Education Needs or disabilities with regard to education.
The aim of the Local Offer is that it will provide families with good quality and accurate information that will be useful on a day to day basis.
This is also a positive change because it will help the local authority to think about the services that are currently available across education, health and care and identify where there may be gaps which need to be addressed.
The following information should be included in the Plymouth Local Offer:
- Special education, health and social care provision for children and young people with SEN or disabilities.
- Arrangements for identifying and assessing children and young people's SEN
- Information on Early support available within the Plymouth area
- Information on SEN Support available in the Plymouth area
- Details of how parents and young people can request an assessment for an Education Health and Care plan.
- Support to help children and young people move between phases of education
- Travel arrangements to and from schools, post -16 institutions and early years providers
- Childcare, including suitable provision for disabled children and those with SEN
- Information to help children and young people to prepare for adulthood
- Post 16 education and training provision for Children and Young people with SEND
- Support available to young people in higher education including information regarding Disabled Students Allowance (DSC)
- Leisure activities for children and young people with SEN and disabilities