Local Offer Young Person Easy Read
Finding Out About Support Near You
You can find out what support there is near you by looking at the
Local Offer. This is the name of a
web page or written information, like a leaflet. It is written by your
local authority, which might be called
The Local Offer is for:
- Disabled children and young people.
- Children and young people with special educational needs. Special educational needs are when you need extra help to learn things.
- Families of those children and young people.
The Local Offer must give you
information about the
support that you should be able to get in your area.
The Local Offer must have information about:
- Schools, colleges or training.
- Special health support.
- Hobbies or fun activities.
- Support for becoming an adult.
The local authority must ask you what it should put in the Local Offer. You can tell your local authority
what you think about it. They must show everyone what people have said and explain how they are going to
make it better.
The Local Offer
The Local Offer can be found at Special Educational Needs and Disability.
Information, Advice and Support Services can help you to find your Local Offer. They can also help you to tell your local authority what you think about your Local Offer.
Ask one of our members of staff for support.