Strengthening Families 10-14 UK
Update: Due to coronavirus, Plymouth Information, Advice and Support (for SEND) are now delivering virtual Parenting Programmes from September 2020 until further notice. We are still accepting applications for future courses.
If you need some advice and support now, please see: Dedicated Phone Support for Families.
See the Solihull Approach for free online courses for parents and parents-to-be for residents of Devon, Torbay and Plymouth.
See the latest information about coronavirus (COVID-19).
Strengthening Families 10-14 UK is an internationally recognised programme that has been shown to work in Plymouth for a wide range of families. It is designed for parents and young people aged 10 to 14 years.
If you would like to ask any questions about our Strengthening Families Programme, please call: 01752 258933.
Alternatively you can email us at: email@example.com
Strengthening Families Programme 10-14 UK
- For parents of 10-14 year olds
- 9 x 2 hour sessions broken down into the following topics
- Parents and young people attend
- Courses delivered early evening
- Teach you simple ways of dealing with issues before they become major problems.
- Gives you and your child time together away from day to day pressures to get to know and understand each other.
- Develop techniques to help your child to resist peer pressure and keep them safe from drugs and alcohol.
- Fun, games and loads of laughs along the way.
'How to deal with stress calmly and able to have trust in my family. To talk to them without them shouting! I've had a great time.'
- Dad, Strengthening Families Programme 10-14 UK
'How to respect and have a laugh with mum and dad. How to solve problems better.'
- Young Person, Strengthening Families Programme 10-14 UK
Frequently Asked Questions
No. Evidence has indicated that the course works well with only one child. Both parents can attend but only one child.