Local Offer Young Person Easy Read

Finding Out About Support Near You

The Local Offer website.

You can find out what support there is near you by looking at the Local Offer. This is the name of a web page or written information, like a leaflet. It is written by your local authority, which might be called “the council.

The Local Offer is for:

  • Disabled children and young people.
  • Children and young people with special educational needs. Special educational needs are when you need extra help to learn things.
  • Families of those children and young people.

The Local Offer must give you information about the support that you should be able to get in your area.

The Local Offer must have information about:

  • Schools, colleges or training.
  • Special health support.
  • Hobbies or fun activities.
  • Support for becoming an adult.
  • Transport.

The local authority must ask you what it should put in the Local Offer. You can tell your local authority what you think about it. They must show everyone what people have said and explain how they are going to make it better.

The Local Offer

The Local Offer can be found at SEND Local Offer.

See The Council for Disabled Children’s You Tube channel to find out what you need to know about the Local Offer.

Plymouth Information, Advice and Support can help you to find your Local Offer. They can also help you to tell your local authority what you think about your Local Offer.

You can ask one of our members of staff for support by calling 01752 258933 and selecting option 1.